Faculty Position in the Institute of Laser Engineering, Osaka University
Application deadline : Must arrive no later than February 15th, 2018. (Japan time)
Institute of Laser Engineering is now inviting applications for a Professor for High Energy Density Division who explores laser astrophysics, ultra-high pressure material science and other new fields of science related to the high energy density science with using high power lasers. The candidate is expected to support the joint usage/research activities of the laboratory and promote collaboration researches with cooperating organizations domestic and abroad. The candidate will also act for cooperative lectures at the University, and direct their students accordingly.
1. Position : Professor
2. Number of Positions：one
3. Affiliation：High Energy Density Science Division of Institute of Laser Engineering
4. Work Location：Suita Campus (2-6, Yamadaoka, Suita-city, Osaka)
5. Specialized Field：High energy density science
(1) Research on high energy density scienbce.
(2) Support of the joint usage/research activities of the laboratory and promotion collaboration researches with cooperating organizations domestic and abroad.
(3) Collaboration researches with high power laser facilities domestic and abroad.
(4) Teach courses, conduct practicals, and offer research guidance on laser engineering at the undergraduate and graduate levels.
(1) Ph.D. or equivalent in related field
(2) Specialized knowledge in laser engineering
(3) English language ability sufficient to fulfill one’s work duties
Capability of communicating in Japanese on a daily basis is preferable.
8. Starting Date：April 1st, 2018 (or as soon as thereafter)
Successful candidate will join National Public Service Personnel Mutual Aid Associations, Employment Insurance and Workers’ Accident Compensation Insurance.
14. Application Documents：
Applications must be written in English or Japanese and include the following
(1) Curriculum vitae (photo attached)
(2) List of achievements (Please classify achievements into categories such as original papers, review papers, books, patents, conference papers, awards, competitive funds and so on.)
(3) Offprints of 3 principal papers (photocopy permitted)
(4) Outline of the research and education experience up to the present (about 2 pages on A4 paper)
(5) Research plans and a statement of educational aspirations at Osaka University (about 2 pages on A4 paper)
(6) Names and contact information of two references
15. Sending Address and Contact information：
Ryousuke Kodama (Diretor/Professor)
Institute of Laser Engineering, Osaka University
2-6 Yamadaoka, Suita-city, Osaka 565 0871, JAPAN
*Write ‘Application Material for Faculty Position at the High Energy Density Science Division’ on the envelope in red ink.
*Send application documents by registered mail.
*Submitted application documents will not be returned.
*Submitted application documents will only be used for the purpose of application screening and hiring procedure.
Contact Person: Prof. Mitsuo Nakai
Tel: +81- 6-6879-8773 E-mail: mitsuo* ile.osaka-u.ac.jp
(please replace * with @)
16. Application deadline：Must arrive no later than February 15th, 2018. (Japan time)
17. Selection Process
After documents have been reviewed, only shortlisted candidates will be interviewed.
*Shortlisted candidates will be notified within two weeks. Please note that unsuccessful applicants after initial screening will not be contacted.
*Travel and accommodation fees necessary for interviews are to be covered by the candidate.